Appthority respects your privacy and is committed to protect the personal information that you share with us. Generally, you can browse through our website without giving us any information about yourself. When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
- What personal information does the company collect?
- Will the company share any of the personal information it receives?
- Is personal information about me secure?
- Links to 3rd Party Sites
- What choices do I have?
- Questions or concerns
Appthority complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Appthority has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Appthority’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
Appthority participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Appthority is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Appthority is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Appthority complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Appthority is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Appthority may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience on the Website. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected in this fashion may include your name, email address, IP address, browser information, username, password, and any other information necessary for us to provide our services. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as answering questions, improving the content of the Website, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about Company’s products and services, including specials and new features.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website or use our services. Company automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, browser information, operating system, timestamps, the pages you request, and the actions and path you take on the Website.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Website and how they use its various components. Company only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how customers use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our Website or services. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how people use the Website or services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Company never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from Company if your computer or device supports this type of functionality. Company uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and to improve the Website and our services. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. When you receive e-mail from Company, you can opt out of receiving further e-mails by following the included instructions to unsubscribe.
What About Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
- We and our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, tags, scripts or similar technologies that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personal information.
- Third parties with whom we partner to also provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use Flash cookies and HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
WILL THE COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
Advertisers: As discussed above, we allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and you agree that we may use any of the information we have collected from you (including, without limitation, information you may have decided not to show to other users) to select or allow the advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we may allow an advertiser to target an ad to you based on your query history.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, Company may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Company’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User Profiles: User profile information including users’ name, email address, and other information you enter (“User Submissions”) may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website. Email addresses are used to add new User Submissions to user profiles and to communicate through User Submissions. Users’ email addresses will not be directly revealed to other users by Company, except, when the user is “connected” to another user via a shared group membership, or an invitation, or if the user has chosen to include their email address in their User Profile.
Communication in response to User Submissions: As part of the Website and services, you will receive from Company email and other communication relating to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Company may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Company, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Company or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Protection of Company and Others: In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your Company account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer (or other device) and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Your Appthority account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. Appthority safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. In certain areas of our websites, Appthority uses industry-standard SSL encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. It is highly recommended that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Company endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
LINKS TO 3RD PARTY SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of or register for certain features of the Website and services.
- Upon request Appthority will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
- You are able to access, add or update certain information by making the change on your account information or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. We will respond to your request for such access within thirty (30) days.
- You may request deletion of your Personal Information or Company account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
Appthority collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer Personal Information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
Access and Retention of Data Controlled by our Clients
Appthority has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to our Client (the data controller). If we are requested to remove data we will respond within thirty (30) days.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Appthority will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our mailing address below. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
535 Mission St, 20th Floor,
San Francisco, CA 94105
Effective Date: September 1, 2016