Mobile is eating the world.
Join the Appthority team and save it!
Want to be at the forefront of mobile, security, and cloud? Usage of mobile apps is exploding and companies across the globe are looking for scalable security and privacy solutions to protect their information.
Mobile. Cloud. Security. Big data. We’re leveraging the latest technologies to solve the problems of mobile app analysis at scale.
Using Ruby on Rails and other languages, leveraging the Amazon cloud, and applying cutting edge security research and automation strategies, Appthority’s world-class engineering team is inventing the future of mobile app security. For engineers who are at the top of their game and want to make a difference, joining the Appthority team means daily opportunities to test yourself and expand your skills.
When does working not feel like a job? When you are having fun doing it!
Our team enjoys an intellectually and professionally stimulating environment with lot’s of fun as part of the mix.
We’re a venture funded startup, the leader in our category, with a fast growing customer list and huge market opportunity.
By joining our team you’ll enjoy competitive compensation including equity, benefits, and some great employee perks.
Our Job Openings
As an Appthority R&D engineer you will be working with the best minds in the industry, helping to develop the market’s leading system for automated, scalable Mobile App Risk Management. In this role, you will be responsible for developing rules and capabilities for automated mobile behavior detection, reverse engineering, mobile malware analysis, and research and response on the latest mobile security threats. You will work closely with security researchers and product management to prioritize R&D efforts based on current threats and customer priorities. This is a hands-on development job. You will work on state of the art engines built to analyze iOS and Android apps in a scalable manner, and on development of features related to automated large-scale analysis of mobile apps.
Local candidates only.
- Computer science BS degree (advanced degree a plus)
- 3+ years professional experience as security engineer or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in Java, C and Objective-C
- Significant Android and iOS internals knowledge
- Significant experience reverse engineering including disassembly, debugging and knowledge of x86 and/or ARM assembly language
- Significant experience working with complex algorithms
Additional skills helpful for the role:
- Mobile malware analysis experience
- Mobile application development for Android and/or iOS
- Knowledge of dynamic software analysis
- Knowledge of mobile network infrastructure and protocols
- Experience developing or debugging mobile-related hardware
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS knowledge or experience a plus)
As an Appthority security researcher you will be responsible for acquiring and identifying malware “in the wild”, which will enable you to assist in the development of signatures and rules for automated malware detection. In this role, you will be responsible for mobile malware acquisition and analysis, malware characterization, research and mitigation to the latest mobile security threats, and outbound communications including advisories and blogs. You will provide input to state of the art dynamic engines built to analyze iOS and Android apps, and provide input to Sales and Marketing regarding your research on mobile app threats.
Local candidates only.
- Computer science BS degree (MS a plus)
- 3+ years professional experience as mobile security researcher or security engineer
- Expert-level knowledge of mobile malware, including trojans, ransomware, and adware
- Significant experience with mobile malware acquisition and identification
- Understanding of malware families and propagation techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Additional skills helpful for the role:
- Knowledge of App Store and Google Play policies and practices
- Knowledge of Android and iOS internals
- Knowledge of dynamic software analysis and automation
- Penetration testing experience
Customer Success Manager
Do you love teaching businesses to succeed by leveraging innovative technologies in smart ways? Do you enjoy engaging with customers and nurturing relationships? If you’re creative, energetic with a passion for ensuring satisfaction throughout the customer lifecycle, we want to talk to you.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) ensures the successful adoption and use of Appthority with an assigned set of customers. As experienced technology strategists, Appthority CSMs use consulting skills, technical knowledge and coaching to help customers achieve success far beyond their expectations. Acting as a trusted advisor you will understand customers’ business objectives, define a vision and strategy and guide them from concept to execution. Outstanding experiences and widespread adoption are our goals, where CSMs own the agenda, working across deployment, user engagement and support activities to achieve these goals.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with an assigned set of customers, act as consultant to define and execute targeted success strategies
- Lead customer deployment projects including planning, training, development and adoption programs to continually drive incremental value and return on the customer’s investment
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks and strategic reviews with an emphasis on customer happiness
- Collaborate with Sales teams to drive opportunities for expansion and renewals within existing customers
- Manage all inbound customer communication and issues, partnering with Engineering to provide amazing customer support through resolution
- Advocate for customers, working effectively with product management to improve the product
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years relevant work experience in a customer facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization, SaaS experience a benefit
- Exceptional account management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer adoption and loyalty
- Proven track record of highly professional customer service in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong technical experience with SaaS integrations, APIs, Mobile Apps, Information Security
- Familiarity with Jira, Zendesk, Salesforce and other SaaS tools